euroclass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
euroclass

forum collège

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the mayflower by helene

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
helene.prouvost

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-19

the mayflower by helene Empty
PostSubject: the mayflower by helene   the mayflower by helene Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 pm

hello mrs monrocher i was going to google and i saw some documentations of the mayflower the mayflower looked like at this (iam giving a link)http://www.newton.k12.ks.us/tech/mayflower.bmp[/img][url]
Back to top Go down
dmonrocher

dmonrocher

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: the mayflower by helene   the mayflower by helene Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:55 am

thank you , but I think you didn't copy the link correctly ... Try to do it again??
Here is another one about thanksgiving
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/23/AR2008112302075.html
Back to top Go down
dmonrocher

dmonrocher

PostSubject: Re: the mayflower by helene   the mayflower by helene Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:56 am

helene.prouvost wrote:
hello mrs monrocher i was going to google and i saw some documentations of the mayflower the mayflower looked like at this (iam giving a link)
http://www.newton.k12.ks.us/tech/mayflower.bmp[/img][url]
Back to top Go down
dmonrocher

dmonrocher

PostSubject: Re: the mayflower by helene   the mayflower by helene Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 am

http://www.newton.k12.ks.us/sch/w/start/Pilgrims/index.htm

Thank you Helen , I found THIS , if you go there , you'll know everything !!!!

If you find the worksheet about the Pilgrims , well , try to do it , print it and show it to me !!!!
Back to top Go down
keita0

keita0

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: the mayflower by helene   the mayflower by helene Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:51 pm

About the mayflower:

The Mayflower was the famous ship that transported the English Separatists, better known as the Pilgrims, from Southampton, England, to Plymouth, Massachusetts (which would become the capital of Plymouth Colony), in 1620.

The vessel left England on September ] and after a gruelling 66-day journey marked by disease, which claimed two lives, the ship dropped anchor inside the hook tip of Cape Cod (Provincetown Harbor) on November 11 The Mayflower originally was destined for the mouth of the Hudson River, near present-day New York City, at the northern edge of England's Virginia colony, which itself was established with the 1607 Jamestown Settlement. However, the Mayflower went off course as the winter approached, and remained in Cape Cod Bay. On March 21/28, 1621, all surviving passengers, who had inhabited the ship during the winter, moved ashore at Plymouth, and on April 5/15, the Mayflower, a privately commissioned vessel, returned to England. In 1623, a year after the death of captain Christopher Jones, the Mayflower was most likely dismantled for scrap lumber in Rotherhithe, London.

The Mayflower has a famous place in American history as a symbol of early European colonization of the future US. With their religion oppressed by the English Church and government, the small party of religious separatists who comprised about half of the passengers on the ship desired a life where they could practice their religion freely. This symbol of religious freedom resonates in US society and the story of the Mayflower is a staple of any American history textbook. Americans whose roots are traceable back to New England often believe themselves to be descended from Mayflower passengers.

The main record for the voyage of the Mayflower and the disposition of the Plymouth Colony comes from William Bradford who was a guiding force and later the governor of the colony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the mayflower by helene   the mayflower by helene Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the mayflower by helene
Page 1 of 1